-
June 8th, 2005, 06:39 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I'm like the personal question lady on the board now - ha ha! I'm sure I'll run out of questions soon enough, but as I said before I love hearing about other people's collections.
So the question today is, how do you display your dolls?
Where? In what? How do you dress them to display? Do you display just the dolls or with accessories as well?
Currently:
I have a nice wooden console with glass door set up in my bedroom (I think it is really meant to be an entertainment center of sorts), its about 3.5 ft high and 2 ft wide, 1.5 ft deep. It has 2 higher shelves which I keep the slipcovered set of books and a few accesories. The bottom opening has about a 20 in height, just high enough for the dolls to stand on their stands. Molly's school desk is set up in the back. Molly's bike is set up diagonally and then Molly and Kit stand on each side of the bike.
I try to keep their clothing choices appropriate for the season or event (like a birthday) and some sort of accessory to match the outfit.
I got Molly's table and chairs for my birthday, but I have nowhere to set it up because my case is too small [img]frown.gif[/img] I need a new case!
Ideally:
When I eventually move into my own house, in my dining room I plan to get one of those school trophy display cases. It's about the size of a buffet/sideboard thing. I would have All of Molly's stuff set up on one shelf and all of Kit's on the other. I would also buy the doll dress forms so that all the outfits could be properly displayed with their matching furniture and accessories.
In my million dollar home [img]wink.gif[/img] I would have custom built-in display cases in the walls of the hallway, that's how everything is displayed at AG offices that I worked at.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks